Article provided by: Winton & Hiestand Law Group PLLC
Situations will arise that you need the expertise of a lawyer. For your case, look no further than Winton & Hiestand Law Group. Our lawyers have over 40 years of combined experience and can help you win your case. We are the attorneys in Louisville you want on your team!
What is a lawyer?
A lawyer is an individual who has additional training beyond the standard bachelor's degree. A lawyer must complete three additional years of education after completion of at least a bachelor's. Some lawyers also possess master's degrees or even PHDs that they earned before entering law school.
Once entering law school, prospective lawyers complete three years of study, research, and hands-on training to develop their skills in the field of law. At this time, they also pick what area of law will be their specialty. Upon graduation, lawyers study for several additional weeks for the bar exam. Each state devises its own exam comprised of questions about the laws of that state. Once a student passes the bar, they are officially a lawyer, and they can begin working with clients.
Fields of Law
The study of law has become so complicated a lawyer can't have a full grasp on every single area. In law school, lawyers pick a particular area and specialize in that field. Some of the areas a student can choose from are as follows:
- Criminal law-lawyers in this field handle all types of criminal cases. They can handle smaller cases like lower-level theft, up to and including murder cases.
- Corporate law-these lawyers deal with all issues regarding corporations. They assist with tax issues, employment, and labor issues, mergers & acquisitions, etc.
- Tax law- these lawyers handle all things in regards to legal issues that arise because of state and federal tax laws.
- Patent law- these lawyers assist individuals and businesses with obtaining patents for the products as well as disputes over the issuance of a patent.
- Environmental law-these lawyers represent individuals, towns, or any entity on issues dealing with environmental protection.
- Family law-the lawyers work on divorce cases, and custody disputes.
- Immigration law-these lawyers work with either the government or individuals on the issues dealing with immigrating into the US.
There are the attorneys in Louisville who represent every category on this list.
Is being a lawyer a lucrative career?
Yes and no. Some lawyers make a considerable amount of money. The fields they entered are in high demand and do not have enough lawyers to meet said demand. They can charge whatever rate they choose. Others will not make considerable sums of money. There are fields of law that do not reward lawyers with large paychecks. Some lawyers are not as concerned with paychecks; they want to make a difference and help people. Those individuals enter fields such as legal aid services that assist people in the legal system who can not afford a lawyer for their cases.
Do not delay in getting the justice you deserve. Let the best attorneys in Louisville represent your interests. Contact us at Winton & Hiestand Law Group today!Attorneys In Louisville
View Larger Map